St. Andrew-by-the-Lake Anglican Church was built in 1884. The church was originally located near the water filtration plant however was moved in 1959 to its present location. Moving of the church necessitated sawing it into two pieces and was successfully accomplished without any serious damage to its treasured stained glass windows. Under an agreement with the city, the building was restored coinciding with the church's centennial in 1984.
The Church Today
Services are held every Sunday morning at 10am. Everyone is welcome. The church is an easy 10-minute walk from the Centre Island Ferry Dock, and a 25-minute walk from the Ward's Island Ferry Dock.
The church is a wonderful setting for weddings, and is well used throughout the summer months. The facilities are also available for retreats, meetings, concerts, family gatherings or other events.
For more information please refer to the church's website.